Sleepover parties, a growing trend among teenagers, are a fun idea of getting some alone time to interact and catch up on life. Most teens love to throw these parties where food is the next best element after friends and fun. Keeping awake all night long is just a trend in these parties. If your teen is looking for ideas to have an amazing sleepover, MomJunction brings you a list of sleepover games and activities for teens and tweens.
Tips To Organize A Great Sleepover Party For Kids:
Knowing the estimate of people is good. The number of friends who are coming over can help you decide if the party should be in the living room or the bedroom.
- Your teen’s friends could come in comfy apparels like pajamas or night suits.
- Stacking up extra pillows, mattresses and sleeping bags to the partying area is a great idea.
- Your teen should plan about the sleepover games and activities in the advance so that they can have a great time together.
- Never interrupt or enter your teen’s sleepover party, as they may feel a bit disturbed and conscious.
15 Fun Sleepover Games For Teens:
Here are some great sleepover ideas for tweens, kids, and teenagers that will get them moving and make the party so much fun, they’d want to come back next week.
1. Truth And Dare:
- It is one of the most enjoyable group games.
- The players have to sit in a circle, with a bottle placed horizontally downwards, in the middle.
- One person spins the bottle and the person at which the mouth of the bottle points, when it stops spinning has to choose between speaking the truth or taking up a challenge.
- If the teen opts for truth, she would have to answer a funny question honestly. On the other hand, if she chooses dare, she would have to perform the task given to her.
2. Nail Spin A Color Game:
- This one is for your little barbies.
- You need bright colored nail-paints.
- Everyone has to remove the nail-paints from her nails to have paint-free nails.
- The nail-paints have to be collected in a basket and placed in the center.
- One of the girls has to a color, put it in a bottle and the bottle by placing it in the center.
- The girl at whom the bottle mouth points, once the bottle starts spinning, should paint one of her nails with that color.
- This continues until one girl remains with the least number of nails painted. She is the winner.
3. Foil Project Runway Game:
- Each of the girls receives a folded aluminum foil using which she can create her unique creations.
- A table is set out in the middle that comprises the essential styling tools like ribbons, plastic flowers, and colorful threads.
- Each of the girls needs to style her aluminum foil outfit using innovative ideas.
- Setting a theme, like a wedding dress, beach wear, or evening gowns, could add to the fun.
- The aluminum foil can be used to craft different type of apparels like shorts, pants, tops, skirts, jewelry, etc.
- A fashion show, in which the girls wear their creations, ends the game.
4. Blind Make-Over Game:
- Basic make-up items, which appeal to the girls, like eyeliner, mascara, blush, lipstick, foundation, etc., should be placed in the center.
- One girl has to blindfold herself and apply make-up to the girl next to her.
- Another girl does the same to her neighbor, and the chain goes on.
- Once everyone is done applying make-up and receiving it, the blinds can be taken off. This is when the girls would burst out laughing because everyone would look funny.
- Loads of pictures can be clicked to remember the moment.
5. Song Maker Game:
- This game is played with a bowl in the center containing funny song titles written in chits.
- One person picks up a chit and makes a song out of the title given in the chit.
6. Commercial Game:
- A bowl comprises numbered chits and each of the participants has to choose his/her serial number.
- The teen, who picks up the number one can stand up and the one with number two can choose an object from the room.
- The first with number one has to present a commercial related to the object picked by number two and speak on it for 30 seconds.
7. Drama In The Bag Game:
- The game starts by filling shopping bags with various items like hat, costume, wig, stick, shoe etc.
- The participants are divided into different teams.
- Each of the team has to choose one of the shopping bags and prepare a TV commercial or skit using the items in the bag.
8. Camera Game:
- A self-timer camera is important for this game.
- Set the self-timer of the game.
- Each of the players needs to hold the camera at an arm’s length, point it towards their face and make funny expressions.
- Once done, the camera is to be passed on to the next person.
- Once everyone clicks a picture, the pictures can be downloaded.
9. Pig Out:
- You would need a jar of Vaseline or petroleum jelly, a large bowl, a bag of small cotton bales, and a timer watch.
- The players need to smear the tip of their noses with the jelly, before starting the game.
- The timer has to be set for three minutes, and as soon as the time starts each of the players has to pick as many cotton bales with their noses, as possible.
- The person who collects the maximum number of cotton bales, wins.
10. Spin Tasty:
- To play this game, you would need paper plates, a bottle to spins biscuits, candies, mayonnaise, ketchup, etc.
- The players can fill up the paper plates with different food items and place them aside on a table.
- The players sit in a circle and spin the bottle. The person at whom the mouth of the bottle faces has to eat the food as instructed by the other players.
11. Boy Meets Girl:
- The players write the names of a boy on each chit and pass it to their neighbor.
- Then they wrote the name of a girl, and pass it on.
- Next, they write about a place, or a unique feature of the boy and pass it on.
- Once everyone has written something about the people, the chits are read out aloud.
12. Name That Tune:
- To play this game, one needs a music system.
- The music is on and one of the players has to identify the song before the artist begins singing it.
- The person who can guess the songs fastest is the winner of the game,
- This game requires a bowl full of skittles (small colorful candies), a dice, straw, and cups.
- All the players sit in a circle. Each one gets a straw and a cup. The bowl of skittles is placed in the center.
- As the first player starts sucking the skittles using a straw and placing them in the cup, the person next to her will begin rolling the dice until she rolls a six. On doing so, she will grab the bowl and start
- sucking the skittles. And the game goes on till all the skittles are over.
- The person with the maximum skittles wins the game.
14. Hairdryer Balloon Tennis:
- To enjoy this hilarious game you would need two hairdryers, a couple of plastic chairs, and colorful balloons.
- Plug the hairdryers in different corners of the room and place the chairs as tennis nets.
- Two players play against each other.
- The players have to toss the balloons to one another using the hair dryers to keep the balloons in the air.
- Players not allowed using their hands to toss the balloons, and as soon as the balloon touches the floor, the player loses a point.
15. Cucumber Face Race:
- A slice of cucumber for each of the players, and any flat chocolate is needed to play this game.
- Split the teens into two groups. The first player has to put the cucumber or chocolate on her forehead and move it into her mouth without using her hands.
- If the person fails to do so, he can try three times, after which the game passes to next teammate.
- The first team whose chocolate or cucumber enters into the mouth wins the game.
7 Sleepover Party Activities For Teens:
Your teen can also include some of these interesting activities in her sleepover party:
1. Spa Stuff:
- Some of the best activities to enjoy during sleepovers are pedicures, manicures facials, and makeovers.
- Homemade facial spas can also be done.
- The teen girls can try to prepare the facial packs using the basic ingredients and enjoy the fun of spa and complete relaxation.
2. Talent Show:
- Teens always love to showcase their special skills and unique talents.
- The sleepover party can include a talent show.
- Singing songs, dancing, mimicry, etc., can be performed here.
3. Indulge In Making Creative Things:
- Making things decorating the pillow cover, creating customized photo frames, etc., can help your teens have some great fun.
- Make sure you have the colored markers, ribbons, papers, gums, and scissors ready.
4. Camping (Indoors or Outdoors):
- Setting up large tents and spend the night amidst fun.
- What’s more, an outdoor camp is a good place to roast hotdogs, marshmallows, and sharing campfire stories.
5. Playing Video Games:
- Playing video games during the sleepover parties is fun in itself.
- The games list could include soccer, bike racing, or scavenger hunt.
6. Watching Movie:
- Teens love to watch movies, especially the scary ones, with their friends.
- You could watch horror movies and those with the weak hearts can veto funny movies!
7. Enjoying Foods:
- A party is always incomplete without delicious food.
- Your teen’s sleepover party should always comprise tons of foods to make the party better.
- Foods like popcorns, chips, homemade cookies, and soft drinks, are always a hit on the menu.
Do you know any other tween sleepover ideas? Drop in your list below!