Our busy lives don’t give us a lot of time to spend with our partners. We may be busy with work, and sometimes we are just into our phones or laptops. As conversations are taking a back seat, we may not be up to date with our partners’ lives. The only way to change this is to communicate and indulge in some, “Hey, what’s up?” kind of questions.
And, if you are looking to know more about your partner, their day, what has been happening in their lives, or a little about their past, then don’t worry! MomJunction has got it covered with a wide range of questions that cover every aspect of what you might want to ask your partner.
Intimate Questions To Ask Your Partner
Conversations – random or intimate – open the window to your partner’s heart and help you understand the person better.
Below are a few questions you could ask your husband. Personalize them to suit your partner and relationship. Set aside some quite time just for both of you, and when you ask something, be a good listener.
- When was the first time you knew that I was the one you wanted to spend the rest of your life with?
- What was your first impression about me?
- What is the best part of our marriage?
- What is that one dream you want me to help you achieve?
- What is the most memorable moment of our courtship days?
- Which is the favorite body part you like in me?
- What kind of kiss appeals to you?
- What turns you on?
- What would you like me to do to make our marriage more interesting and exciting?
- How can I help you be a better husband and father?
- What can I do to make you feel respected?
- What is the most cherished thing of our dating years?
- How can I show you that I appreciate, respect, and listen to you?
- How do you like to express my love for you?
- How frequently would you like to go out on a date with me?
- How can I meet your physical and emotional needs and desires?
- How would you like to spruce up our marriage?
- What are the different ways in which I can I express my love for you?
- Is there something you don’t like in me or that irritates you?
- Do you think you have changed since we got married? If yes, how?
- What can I do to support and encourage you?
- What do you like about our kids?
- Based on our relationship, what advice would you give people who are dating?
- Are you happy with the time we spend together?
- How could I be a better wife?
- Is there a hobby we could take up together?
- Is there any instance when it was hard for you to open-up to me?
- Is there any secret that you have been hiding from me?
- Do you have any questions for me?
- What can I do to make you feel loved?
- What makes you happy and sad?
Back to top
These are pretty substantial questions and deal with everyday life. Now, let’s take a look at some questions that may have deeper implications.
Deeper Implication Questions To Ask Your Partner
Asking questions that would affect a significant achievement or path in your husband’s life would help you set relationship goals. It would give you an idea about the near future and what you both could do together.
- What is your career goal for the next five years?
- What overwhelms you at work?
- What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
- Would you want our kids to stay with us or move out after their marriage?
- How would you like to spend your days after we age?
- Who inspires you to be a better man?
- What is that one thing you value in our relationship?
- What teaching or quality of your parents’ do you appreciate?
- How can I help you be confident about our relationship?
- Do you have any painful memories from your childhood?
- What is your greatest fear?
- What are you the most grateful for?
- Is there anything you regret?
- What was your ambition as a child?
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Is there something that nobody knows about you?
- If you could fix one of the biggest problems in the world, what would that problem be?
These questions may help you mold things so that the future looks better. But, do these questions help you know your partner well? Read the next section to understand and know your partner even better.
How Well Do You Know Your Partner Questions
Simple questions pave the way to knowing your partner inside-out. Below, we have a few simple questions you could ask them.
- What is your favorite restaurant and why?
- What’s the best surprise you’ve ever received?
- What’s your favorite genre in movies and what is your favorite movie?
- What is that you have always wanted to do as a child but couldn’t do?
- If you wanted to have a collection, what would it be of?
- Which musical instrument did you want to learn and master?
- If you could go back in time and change something, what would it be?
- Have you ever saved anyone’s life?
- Have you overcome any of your phobias? If yes, how?
- Would you like to be famous? Why and how?
- When and where do you want to retire?
- What are the top ten things on your bucket list?
- What is your idea of a perfect date?
- What is that one bad and difficult habit you want to break?
No matter how much you delve, there’s something to be curious about. So, express your curiosity and get your questions answered.
Curious Questions To Ask Your Partner
Curiosity kills the cat! So, don’t let your curiosity be with you. Let it out and ask these questions to relieve yourself. But remember, do not push too much in case your partner does not wish to answer something. Take it up at a later time.
- Name a few books you really enjoyed
- Are there any books you would like to read?
- If you had a superpower for one day what would you want to do?
- If you had a choice to invite anyone in the world as your guest, who would it be?
- What’s your favorite place that we should go to together, and why?
- What is that one thing you don’t want to share with me?
- Who is your favorite relative?
- Who are you more close to – your mom or dad?
- Were you ever pulled over by a cop?
Now, let’s lighten the mood and move on to funny questions.
Funny Questions To Ask Your Partner
Set the ball rolling and be ready to laugh out loud as you ask your hubby these funny questions!
- Which car could you drive for the rest of your life?
- What would you give up? Coffee or carbs?
- Who was your first celebrity crush?
- What was the dumbest thing you ever did?
- How many selfies do you take during the day?
- Have you been kissed by the same sex?
- If you won one million dollars, what would you do with that money?
- What is the strangest thing you ever ate and felt horrible about?
- What’s the wildest thing you have ever done?
- Which is harder to give up – coffee or alcohol?
- If you had to eat at KFC for one week straight, what would you eat there?
- If you knew you wouldn’t get caught, would you become a thief?
- If today were your last day, what do you want as your last meal?
- If you are stranded on an island, what three things and which three people would you get along?
- What is the ugly scar you have and how did you get?
- How many pizza slices can you eat in one sitting?
- If you had the power to bring a fictional character to life, who would it be?
- If you can get back in time, which year would you visit?
- If you could kill any character from a television soap, which character would it be?
- What is the craziest dream you have ever had?
- Would you strip for hundred dollars?
- Did you ever chase anyone in a car? If yes, why?
- If you could go on a cross-country road trip with a famous person, dead or alive, who would it be?
- Were you ever so scared that you wet your pants?
- If you had the power to choose your age, what age would you choose and why?
- Would you like to live beyond a hundred years? If yes, why?
- If you could be a star for a day, who would you choose to be?
- What is the weirdest thing you googled about in the last one week?
- What is the funniest dream you have had?
Some of these questions also act as an ice-breaker, and ease you into the relationship. However, always remember not to push for answers. Find a relaxed environment and then fire away. If you notice any signs of irritation, then stop questioning and keep it for a later time.