As a pregnant mom, wondering whether that little bundle of joy inside you is a pretty little girl or a cute little boy is a question with which you’re probably familiar. Common sense dictates that increasing your chances of conceiving a boy or a girl are old wives tales. But, what if there is some truth to these legends? And,can certain symptoms indicate that you’ll be a proud mom of a baby boy? As incredible as it sounds, it is rather true! Here we learn more about baby boy symptoms during early pregnancy .
Noticeable Symptoms Of Baby Boy During Pregnancy:
Some of the noticeable symptoms of having baby boy during pregnancy are:
1. Morning sickness:
When you are not experiencing the early symptoms of pregnancy such as morning sickness or nausea, it is a symptom of having a baby boy.
2. Heart rate:
If you notice that the heart rate of your baby remains under 140 beats per minute, it could indicate you are pregnant with a baby boy.
3. Acne outbursts:
The onset of pimples is one of the signs that indicate you are having baby boy symptoms.
4. Food cravings:
When you are pregnant with a baby boy, you would have a huge craving for sour foods or salty foods.
5. Tummy positioning
Tummy positioning is one of the common signs that can determine gender, and if you are carrying it low, it indicates you are carrying a baby boy in your womb.
6. Personality changes:
The sex of your unborn child predominantly influences few behavioral changes. Women with aggressive, bold and dominant nature are more likely to bear a baby boy, and the behavioral aspect is associated with increased levels of testosterone.
7. Urine color:
Apparently the color of your urine changes during pregnancy. If the urine appears dark, it indicates that you are carrying a baby boy.
8. Breast size:
During pregnancy, your breasts tend to become larger as they prepare for breast milk supply and nurturing your newborn baby. When you carry a baby boy, your right breast becomes bigger than the left one.
9. Cold feet:
The constant sensation of cold feet during pregnancy is one of the clear indications that you are carrying a baby boy.
10. Hair growth:
Another common sign to indicate you of having a baby boy is your hair growth rate. It usually grows faster than the usual if it is a boy.
11. Sleeping position:
During pregnancy, you often feel exhausted and tired easily. In such condition, if you sleep more on your left side it indicates of you having a baby boy.
12. Dry hands:
Drying and cracking of hands are another viable symptoms of carrying a baby boy.
13. Weight gain:
Along with a round belly, the nature of your weight gain significantly indicates gender. When you carry a baby boy, the extra pounds are mostly visible to your stomach unlike carrying a girl where the mother’s weight is distributed all over the body including face.
Medical Tests To Indicate Your Baby’s Gender During Pregnancy:
Some of the common medical tests used to determine your unborn baby’s gender are:
Ultrasound examinations are accurate medical tests to indicate clearly your baby’s gender. The test is almost 90% accurate, and it clearly visualizes the gender of your unborn fetus. Doctors recommend conducting the ultrasound examination after the 16th week of your pregnancy and the test is completely non-invasive (1).
2. Ramzi’s Method:
It is one of the newer methods of ultrasound that determines the sex of your unborn baby around the sixth week of pregnancy. The medical test determines your baby’s sex based on the location of your placenta (2).
3. Genetic Testing:
The popular genetic testing methods like Chorionic villus sampling(CVS) and Amniocentesis clearly indicates the sex of your baby before birth. Chorionic villus sampling usually is done at 10-12 weeks of pregnancy and Amniocentesis done during the advanced stage of gestation. These tests are almost 99% accurate (3).
How To Conceive A Baby Boy Naturally?
If you are dreaming of giving birth to a cute baby boy, there are certain things you should remember. Follow these tips to increase your chances of conceiving a baby boy:
1. Have A Deep Knowledge Of Sex Positions:
- According to Dr. Shettles, some of the sex positions initiate deep penetration of the sperm. The Shettles method claims that to increase your possibility of conceiving a baby boy; you should practice the positions that allow for deeper penetration (4).
- Deep penetration improves your chances of conceiving a baby boy. In deep penetration, the boy sperm has to travel less distance to reach the eggs. As the weak Y chromosome have a shorter life span, deep penetration makes sure that the chromosome Y easily reaches the egg before they die off.
- Some of the preferable sex positions to increase chances of having a baby boy include Doggy style, standing up and straddling.
2. Know When You Are Ovulating:
- By knowing the exact phase of ovulation, it becomes easier to conceive a boy. And as you are aspiring for a baby boy, it is recommendable to try doing sex during the peak ovulation time.
- It is better to time your intercourse and try having sex, not before 24 hours of ovulation. The cervical mucus during the particular ovulation period remains more slippery and less acidic. As a result, it readily meets with the male sperm and fertilizes.
- One of the most effective ways to determine your perfect ovulation time is the usage of ovulation test kit, which is available at the local grocery store. The kit determines the exact ovulation phase and keeps you aware (5).